At Let Grow:
- We promote a return to childhood without constant adult oversight.
- We advocate for restoring trust in our children’s resilience and rejecting the assumption of fragility.
- We challenge the current norm of seeing childhood solely through the lens of risk.
- We believe in kids and do not assume they will be bigots or bullies without intensive intervention.
- We fight for the right of parents to give their children some freedom without fear of government intrusion.
We envision a near future when cities and towns teem with kids playing, exploring, and walking to school on their own. When they learn to solve their own disputes without always turning to an adult. When common setbacks, frustration and even conflict are seen as “Resilience Moments,” rather than as traumas. When kids read widely, argue fiercely and grow intellectually, socially, emotionally. A future when kids grow up flexible and resourceful enough to succeed in the uncertain economic landscape ahead.
Read more about the programs we’ve developed to end the culture of overprotection below, and check out our sample legislation to protect reasonable parenting decisions.